AllDup is an intuitive file management application that comes packed with a powerful search engine for helping you find and remove file duplicates.
Since this is the portable version of the program, you can copy it on any USB flash drive or any other devices, and take it with you whenever you want to scan a computer for file duplicates. Plus, it doesn’t leave any traces in the Windows Registry.
It sports a clean and straightforward interface that offers direct access to many customizable search options. The application simplifies the entire selection process by displaying the folders and hard drive partitions stored on your computer directly in the primary panel.
The search process can be carried out in terms of name, extension, size, content, last modified date, attributes and creation date. Furthermore, you can exclude characters and time stamps, ID3 tags of MP3 files, EXIF information of JPEGs, as well as compare a data block at the end of the file.
Features of AllDup
• Fast search algorithm
• Find duplicates with a combination of the following criteria: file content, file name, file extension, file dates, file attributes!
• Search is performed in multiple specified folders, drives, media storages, CD/DVDs…
• Search through an unlimited number of files and folders
• Search for duplicates of music and video files
• Search for duplicates of digital photo files
• Search for duplicates of executable and any other files
• Entire folders or individual files can be excluded from the search by masks or size conditions
• The built-in file viewer allows you to preview many different file formats and analyze the content of the file before deciding what to do with it
• Ignore the ID3 tags of MP3 files
• Convenient search result list
• Many flexible options help you to select unnecessary duplicates automatically
• The unnecessary duplicates can be deleted permanently or copied/moved to a folder of your choice
• Save and restore the search result for continue working later
• Export the search result to TXT or CSV file
• Create shortcuts or hardlinks to the last original file
• For your safety all files that have to be deleted can be moved to the Recycle Bin or a separate backup folder
• Detailed log file about all actions
* not available
1. Read iNsTrucTioN.txt