Atmel Studio 7
Atmel has released update of Atmel Studio 7 the integrated development environment (IDE) for MCU development using Atmel | SMART ARM-based and AVR MCUs.
Atmel Studio 7 is the integrated development platform (IDP) for developing and debugging Atmel SMART ARM-based and Atmel AVR microcontroller (MCU) applications. Studio 7 supports all AVR and Atmel SMART MCUs. The Atmel Studio 7 IDP gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. It also connects seamlessly to Atmel debuggers and development kits.
Additionally, Atmel Studio includes Atmel Gallery, an online apps store that allows you to extend your development environment with plug-ins developed by Atmel as well as by third-party tool and embedded software vendors. Atmel Studio 7 can also able seamlessly import your Arduino sketches as C++ projects, providing a simple transition path from Makerspace to Marketplace.
Features of Atmel Studio
• Support for 300+ Atmel AVR and Atmel | SMART ARM-based devices
Atmel Software Framework (ASF):
• Vast source code library, including drivers, communication stacks, graphic services and touch functionality. ASF enables customers to focus on application differentiation, and accelerates design time
• ASF Explorer for selecting and integrating ASF components into your own design
Atmel QTouch Composer:
• Seamlessly ties together the tools required to edit the code in Atmel Studio 6 and to tune touch designs, making it easier than ever to integrate capacitive touch functionality into applications
• The validation wizard provides an easy and intuitive way of testing system performance
• With the power analyzer, users can monitor power consumption of the microcontroller in real time.
Wireless Composer 1.0:
• Provides a performance test application and contains easy-to-understand displays to configure, command, and monitor information coming from the performance test application running on the target
Integrated C/C++ compiler:
• Provides one seamless environment with everything the designer needs to write, build, program and debug C/C++ and assembly code
• Customers can choose the coding style that best fits their project and generates the most optimal code for their designs
Developer: Atmel Corporation
OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10.