Autodesk Stingray 2017
Autodesk Inc., a world leader in 3D design software for entertainment, natural resources, manufacturing, engineering, construction, and civil infrastructure, has released 1.4 version of Stingray Game engine, a game engine and 3D application aimed at indie game developers.
Stingray 1.4 (1.4.728.0) delivers improved connectivity with Autodesk 3D tools, adds support for more VR platforms, and provides experimental support for WebGL2, letting developers deploy projects to certain web browsers. This release of Stingray also includes numerous other updates that improve usability in several functional areas of the engine.
In addition, this Stingray release supports network licensing. Updated Autodesk licensing and installation information is included in this version of the Stingray online help.
Features of Autodesk Stingray 2017
• The Stingray 1.4 release offers improved VR capabilities and enhanced connectivity with Maya LT, facilitating a powerful art-to-engine workflow for game developers.
• Improved support for VR platforms includes compatibility with the Oculus Rift SDK v1.3 and the SteamVR SDK v0.9.19.
• Flow scripting for HTC Vive controllers offers a faster and more efficient way to add interactivity to VR experiences, while simplifying the process for designers to create and test their prototypes.
• Unique to Stingray, support for WebGL2 enables developers to test their projects on WebGL2 supported browsers.
• Level sync, with Maya LT, enables artists to link and export entire scenes directly to Stingray. This creates an easier way to build, iterate, review and change game levels and design scenes, without having to manually reproduce layouts in two tools.
• Easier asset share between different Stingray projects further benefits collaborative work environments.
Developer: Home Page
OS: Windows 7/8/10 x64