BCWipe 6 Free Download Latest Version for Windows. Its full offline installer standalone setup of BCWipe for Windows 32 bit 64 bit PC.
BCWipe ensures that another person will not restore files you have deleted from a disk. When you delete sensitive files from a disk on your computer, Windows does not erase the contents of these files from the disk – it only deletes ‘references’ to these files from filesystem tables.
BCWipe is a security tool that blocks deleted files to restore. Contents of the deleted file continue to be stored on the disk and can be easily recovered using any unerasing utility. BCWipe solves this problem. It uses military-grade procedures to shred deleted file contents.
BCWipe wipes individual files and folders, wipes free disk space, wipes the swap file to remove any possible remaining sensitive data, and wipes directory entries. BCWipe includes Task Manager to set up predefined times when files are wiped out automatically. A swap file encrypting utility is included and provides ultimate protection of swap file content.
Features of BCWipe 6
• Delete with wiping. Using this command in the context menus of ‘My computer’ window, you can delete and wipe files or folders, as well as selected group of files or folders
• Wipe free disk space. To completely remove all the traces of the earlier deleted files, use this command to wipe free space on the disk, where these files were stored
• Swap file wiping. BCWipe utility has an optional switch for wiping unused portion of Windows Swap File, where the operating system can potentially store parts of files, earlier opened by applications
• Files slacks wiping. File slack is the disk space from the end of a file up to end of the last cluster used by that file. You can turn on/off file slack wiping before running BCWipe commands
• Directory entries wiping. Directory entry is a reserved space on a disk, where the filesystem stores names and attributes of files. Any file that has been ‘deleted’ by Windows, can get its name restored by unerasing utilities. BCWipe shreds directory entries so that the information cannot be recovered
• Wiping a whole hard drive. This function allows the wiping of entire hard drives which is useful where the user sells or disposes of the computer of hard disk or where the computer is re-assigned to another user. The BCWipe system includes command-line BCWipePD utility which can be used for all physical sectors on disk
• The following BCWipe system utilities allows users to control the wiping process and enhance security of Windows system Swap File
• BCWipe Task Manager. The utility allows the user to schedule BCWipe so that it runs at convenient times. You can set a time for running the task, as well as special options for the task
• Swap File Encrypting utility. Swap File is the Windows system file that is used for virtual memory support, and it can store parts of documents, you are working with, in an opened form on your hard drive. Even if an original document is encrypted by some powerful encryption program, Windows can copy an entire document or part of it to the Swap file in an opened form. Encryption keys, passwords, and other sensitive information can also be swapped to your hard drive. Even if you use all of the security features of the latest versions of Windows, simply investigating the Swap file in DOS mode with readily available tools may allow for significant data retrieval. BCWipe allows you to encrypt the Swap file providing you with additional data security
• Hexadecimal File Viewer. Using the Viewer you can examine contents of files after wiping. The utility is useful for investigating a quality of wiping process, for example when you use a custom wiping scheme
Developer: Home Page
* not available
1. Read iNsTrucTioN.txt