Bentley ContextCapture Center
Acute3D, a Bentley Systems company, develops and sells ContextCapture, a new solution developed on the basis of the former Smart3DCapture technology, a software solution allowing to produce high resolution 3D models from simple photographs, without any human intervention.
The principle of ContextCapture is to analyze several photographs of a static subject, taken from different viewpoints, and to automatically detect pixels corresponding to a same physical point. From many such correspondences, relative orientations of photos and accurate 3D shape of the scene can be inferred.
ContextCapture solves this problem with cutting edge photogrammetry, computer vision and computational geometry algorithms fulfilling industrial-quality requirements in terms of precision, scalability, efficiency, usage, robustness and interoperability.
Features of Bentley ContextCapture Center
More precise and productive than computer-assisted 3D modeling
• Traditional 3D modeling techniques would involve prohibitive cost and time to match the geometric precision of 3D models produced by ContextCapture.
• ContextCapture directly outputs a realistic photo-textured 3D model, thereby eliminating the tedious task of mapping texture to 3D geometry.
Easier and more versatile than 3D scanning
• Compared to 3D scanning, ContextCapture requires a simple camera for acquisition instead of an expensive special device. This brings several huge benefits:
• A camera can be used on the field by a non-expert operator, even under difficult/uncontrolled conditions: without a tripod, without respecting a rigid distance range, under adverse weather conditions, …
• Contrarily to most 3D scanners, a camera provides high resolution color information, which ContextCapture automatically maps to the reconstructed geometry, to directly produce a realistic photo-textured 3D model.
• Because acquisition is not tied to the availability of some special device in some particular place, ContextCapture is much more generalizable and ubiquitous than 3D scanning.
• In contrast with a 3D scanner, ContextCapture allows to reconstruct subjects of various scales, ranging from centimeters to kilometers, photographed from the ground or from the air. There is no limit in the precision of the resulting 3D model, other than the resolution of the input photographs.
• Besides, ContextCapture can not only produce a dense point cloud that has to be processed/analyzed with some dedicated software, but also a textured 3D triangular mesh, much more amenable to display, editing or 3D printing. Moreover, being part of the Bentley Systems portfolio of products, ContextCapture can produce the new 3MX format, that can be opened in MicroStation CONNECT, and used as a 3D context for analysis or design processes.
* not available
How To Install
1. Read iNsTrucTioN.txt