dBpowerAMP Music Converter is a tool that can encode several audio formats (including CDA, FLAC, MP4, MPEG, MP3, WAV) to others (e.g. AIFF, M4A, FLAC, MP3, WAV).
Once you install the application, you will see that there are actually three separate parts installed – “Music Converter”, “Batch Converter” and “CD Ripper“.
In “Music Converter”, you first need to select the audio track you want to encode, after which you can configure settings and initiate the conversion process.
Features of dBpowerAMP Music Converter
• Convert mp3, m4a (iTunes & iPod), WMA, WAV, AIFF, AAC, FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC) to name a few.
High Speed Conversions
• Look for a mp3 converter which encodes using all CPU cores simultaneously, get the job done in double quick time.
• Free converters come with a little extra (a spying toolbar, Trojan, malware, or virus), dBpoweramp has never bundled in 15 years, those wanting an mp3 converter, get just that and only that. No Trojan, no malware, no viruses.
• Large numbers of files with 1 click, filter on mp3 or other file type.
• Process the audio with Volume Normalize, or Sample / Bit Rate Conversion. dBpoweramp is a fully featured mp3 Converter.
• dBpoweramp integrates into Windows Explorer, an mp3 converter that is as simple as right clicking on the source file; Convert To. Popup info tips, Edit ID-Tags are all provided.
– Batch Converter added new right click on file(s) >> Show in Explorer or Edit ID Tags
– mp3 tag reading optimization
– Apple Lossless encoder no longer requires WaveformatExtensible 1:1 channel mappings
– Album Sort is no longer split as a multi item tag if has ‘; ‘ in the name
– m4a Show Work Movement is set to 1 automatically if Work is filled and either Movement Count, Number or Name are filled also
– WAVE LIST tags which are not recognized are sent over as WAVELIST-xxxx so the wave encoder can write them to a new Wave file with same unknown name
– ID Tag: Option to disable predictive typing
– FLAC updated to 1.3.2
– mp3 Lame updated to 3.100
– Popup info tip will display ‘Unable to read track details, file corrupted or not supported’ and will try to display tags
– ID Tagger can read and tag files which cannot read the audio from
– CD Ripper: tab order improved, rip button has default focus after cd insert
– Tag Editor includes high DPI images
– Opus updated to read non-compliant opus files created by ffmpeg opus encoder
– MusicBrainz was not retriving album art
– Flac tagging, if tag did not have a vendor string (non-standard) then previously was writing a 2nd tag block [track_unpad][track_total_unpad] naming values now work
– CD Ripper when ripping set to use temp folder (and move tracks after) would fail if had no album art
– Album tag was being written as n when had a ; in the title
– Adding a compilation tag through tag editor would not save newly added tag
– Naming Dialogs would limit to 500 characters
– m4a tagging fix for mp4 files which had data block > 4GB
dBpowerAMP Music Converter Download for PC