Digital Clock 4 is a lightweight desktop enhancement utility built specifically for helping you place a digital clock on your screen. This unobtrusive tool runs quietly in the system tray until called upon when it reveals several configuration settings to tinker with. The digital clock can be moved to any area of the desktop, and you can make the clock remain on top of other windows, adjust the opacity and size, as well as change the layout of the clock by selecting from different skins, such as Vintage Digits, Binary Clock, Origami Style, Floral Digits, and others.
Features of Digital Clock 4
• What’s more, you can customize the text in terms of font, font style, and size, tweak the texture of the clock by selecting from various color or uploading an image from the computer (BMP, JPG, PNG, TIFF, XBM, XPM), and opt for a tile or stretch mode.
• Digital Clock gives you the possibility to pick the time format, automatically check for updates at a preset time, as well as work with different plugins which help you set up alarms by adding MP3 files from the computer or specifying URLs, and displaying a user-defined message, show the date, turn off the computer at a certain time, and other options as well.
• Since it doesn’t require much computer knowledge to set up the dedicated parameters, even rookies can master the entire process with minimum effort.
• During our testing we have noticed that Digital Clock carries out a task very quickly, and no errors showed up throughout the entire process. It leaves a minimal footprint on system resources, so the overall performance of the computer is not affected.
• All in all, Digital Clock proves to be an efficient clock and time management application that provides a handy suite of tools.
Developer: Nick Korotysh
OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10.
• fixed multiple monitors issues
• improved out of range position handling
• custom Qt 5.6.2 with GStreamer 1.0 support for linux, fixed playback issues
• custom Qt 5.6.2 for macOS (OS X), fixed issues on macOS Sierra
• simplified/improved locale detection, prevent wrong choice or partial translation
• better support for italic fonts, now they look very good, no extra space
• improved Retina displays support
• fixed bug with custom flashing separator (not ‘:’) when font is used
• linux: hide app from taskbar in KDE and Unity
• dropped ‘move_clock’ plugin, it is broken, no fix is planned
• ‘custom_signal’ renamed to ‘chime’ and improved
• dropped ‘hour_signal’, ‘tower_clock_signal’, ‘quarter_hour_signal’. they can be replaced with ‘chime’. their sound are included in ‘chime’ as default.
• ‘quick_note’: flat edit button on mac
• fixed minor gui bugs
• linux: fixed .desktop file in KDE
• linux: improved launcher script
• introducing mini-wiki