A GUI for the DISM command-line utility that, aside from handling image files, can clean and optimize your system, manage startup items, updates, and Windows features. Although designed as a frontend for the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) command-line utility, Dism++ brings to the table a lot more than an image file management and creation utility. In fact, it is a complex mix of tools for cleaning and optimizing the system, managing startup items, drivers, Windows updates or features, and handling Windows image files.
Disk cleaning and startup management in a single place
• With no setup process to go through, Dism++ starts as you double-click its main executable. It reveals an organized interface with a simple navigation menu that offers one-click access to all its features.
• The Disk Cleaner is the first tool in the list, retrieving information about data that occupies storage space and that can be removed. To be more specific, you can erase the search history, the updates installation history, error reports, leftovers and temporary files, cache files, and Windows Store residual data.
• Dism++ also bundles a startup manager that helps you decide which apps and commands should be executed with Windows at startup or at boot.
Manage Windows image files and create WIM backups
• If you are looking for the image file management tools, they can be found in the Toolkit. You can convert ESD images to ISO or WIM format, edit Windows image files, and pack up the contents of a folder in an ISO file.
• However, not all the tools here are about image files. There is a system backup (as a WIM image) and restore utility, a user account manager, a startup fixer, and a tool that allows you to run any command in God mode. During our tests, the File Explorer failed to start.
System optimization and tweaking options
• Dism++ can also act as a system optimization tool, enclosing multiple tweaks that you can apply, be it in the Windows Explorer, the Windows updates, network, services, or other area. Furthermore, it can manage installed drivers, application associations, Windows features and updates, providing an alternative to the Control Panel to some extent.
All-in-one system management and tweaking tool
• One cannot argue Dism++ is not a comprehensive toolbox. And while advanced users will be glad to find out they have multiple tools at hand, the way they are organized is not the best.
• It’s obvious that Dism++ requires further improvements but, overall, can be of help to those who want to clean, backup and optimize their system. It is much more than a GUI for DISM, it is a tweaking tool for any Windows user.
Features of Dism++
• Outdated driver clean up (based on Microsoft’s DriverPackageManagement API)
• Outdated update clean up
• Support converting WIM – ESD/SWM, ESD – ISO, ESD Decryption
• Perfect WIM, WIMBoot support
• WIM fast mount
• Complete ESD support (including editing)
• Thermal/Warm Windows backup/recovery (system downgrading)
• Direct backup/restore without having to enter PE first (can be regarded as a better alternative tool of Ghost)
• Complete update firmware support
• System repair support
• BCD boot repair
Languages: English, French, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese
Developer: Chuyu Team
OS: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
* not available