Duplicate Finder can quickly identify and delete multiple similar files, giving you more space for personal projects.
• The interface is divided into three smaller windows, each playing a different part in the whole process. Using the built-in file browser you can select or go to the location of the desired folder. Then it’s a matter of adding the folder to the “Include to Scan” tab and start the process. Exclusions from the scan can also be made by simply adding the folder to a special list.
Multiple files supported
• You may apply filters in order to exclude or include certain files.
• The tool lets you filter data by extension, including PDF files, archive files (e.g. 7Z, ACE, ARJ), Office files, music files (e.g. MP4, AAC, AU), Open Office files, photo images (e.g. BMP, GIF, JPG), video files (e.g. 3GP, SWF, FLA), web files (e.g. CSS, HTML, PHP) and text file types like TXT and RTF or size (a minimum or maximum user-defined value).
Export to common formats
• Once the scan is completed, the tool will display the original and duplicate files, and the hard disk space the duplicates occupy. All the files are displayed also in the third larger window. The app highlights the duplicates which are in the same group and have the same size. The files have corresponding checkboxes, so only the ones you need can get renamed, moved to a different folder or deleted. The result list can then be exported to HTML, CSV or TXT file. Using the right mouse selection, the file can be opened with the associated program or even previewed if it is an image file. Furthermore, the utility includes a CRC calculator, accessible from the “Tools” tab.
A closing idea
• Overall, Duplicate File Finder Pro is a handy and lightweight software utility, great for users who have large amounts of data and want to save only the originals, while applying different actions to the duplicate files. The tool is stable and thanks to the simple interface, it can be used even by beginners.
Features of Duplicate Finder
• Finds all your duplicate files
• Permanently delete the files or move them to the recycle bin
• Move the duplicate files to a directory of your choice
• Fast and 100% accurate comparison
• Select files for processing based on size, path, and filename
• Skip directories and extensions of your choice
• Filter the scan to include specific filetypes (MP3, ZIP, AVI) etc.
• Add several different paths to scan with individual settings
• Export reports in TXT or HTML format
• Easily get started with the Quick Start Wizard
• Highly stable and powerful
• Real-time progress
• Clean and simple interface
• Advanced settings for the professional user
Developer: WebMinds, Inc
File Size: 8 MB
– CPU: Intel® Pentium 4 or later / AMD Athlon 64 or later (900 MHz or greater)
– (64bit support recommended)
– Memory: 4GB or more (Recommend 8GB or more)
– HDD: 10GB or more of free disk space
– Display: XGA (1,024×768), Full Color (24 bit or higher), 16-bit display (32-bit recommended)
Windows XP, Windows Vista all SP, Windows 7, Work on Windows 10 is POSSIBLE, BUT NOT GUARANTEED!
Language Multilanguage(Russian English)
• Update Live Preview
• New feature to clear all ‘dead’ links in iTunes
• Fix date format in settings
• Changed view of statistic information
• Add MP4 to Video Files when scan with Wizard
• Add possibility to create new folder when move duplicates
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Update installation
• Issue with deleting a destination folder during the undo process is fixed.
• Speed up of Scanning process
• Memory usage optimization
• Preview of files duplicates
• Grouping files into categories based on their type
• Graphical view of scan results
• Support of Mail databases on Mac OS
• “Undo” feature: all actions with duplicates can be undone
• Clipboard activation
• Windows Media Library synchronization
• Added option to select duplicates, which were created by “copy” procedures (ex. “file.jpg”, “file(1).jpg” and “file(copy1).jpg” )
• GUI changes
• The Resolve Duplicates Assistant can now help users decide what to do with detected duplicate files suggesting the best ways to remove them.
• New Scanning Engine: more speed, less resource consumption
• Duplicate List enhancements: Search and Filter are added to context Menu
• Supporting of Outlook Express emails and contacts
• Supporting of Outlook 2007-2010 contacts and emails
• iTunes library synchronization: Control libraries of media files in iTunes for Windows and MacOS
• Music duplicates search has been improved
• Symbolic link support for Win7/Vista and Mac OS X
• Multiple UI improvements
• Minor fixes