DVD Drive Repair is a useful application that allows you to restore your DVD (Optical) Drive if missing from Windows. In some instances, it can also help when certain applications do not recognize your drive; mostly when your computer encountered a hardware problem or a virus attack that prevents it from using the DVD Drive.
Features of DVD Drive Repair
• When your DVD Drive is not recognized by Windows even if it is functional, normally you consider reinstalling Windows or restoring it to a previously functional version using System Restore. However, this will not be necessary when using this tool. DVD Drive Repair intends to help you avoid taking radical measures that are time consuming and can cost you. Some even attempt to replace the DVD Drive with a new one when these errors occurs.
• The interface is very simple and allows you to perform all actions with just a few clicks. You do not have to edit registry keys or go through other complicated settings in order to fix your DVD Drive problems. To repair any DVD Drive errors is Windows, download and run the DVD Drive Repair tool. On the main interface, click on the Repair DVD Drive button. Reboot your computer and check to see if your problem is fixed.
• DVD Drive Repair can also reset the Autorun settings to default and protect your system from Autorun malware by disabling autorun features for removable drives. It does not remove the threat, but it can help prevent them from infecting the computer by plugging in an infected storage device.
Developer: Home Page
– Disable Extras, now called Just Repair. Makes more sense.
– Cleaner interface. Moved About and Close into the menus.
– New options for managing Logging and Cache.
– Moved System Restore and Firmware update to Tools menu.
– Removed Reboot Message Box.
– Minor bug fixes.
– Minor cosmetic changes.