ViewPoint is a software tool which can be used in order to correct distortions that might have occurred when taking pictures.
The installation process is fairly typical, and upon completing it, you come face to face with a modern-looking and intuitive UI. This means that both experienced users and beginners can work with it, without encountering issues.
Aside from that, it is comprised of a menu bar, a few shortcut buttons, a tool bar and a panel for displaying the uploaded image. This program can only open and save items with a JPG or TIFF format. The lack of support for additional file types is considered to be a setback.
DxO ViewPoint integrates an auto correct optical distortion feature, so that you can repair pictures with a lot more ease. In order to be able to benefit from this option, you are required to upload the original image file because the utility extracts shooting parameters from the EXIF data.
It is possible to reverse the fisheye effect, correct volume and perspective deformation, as well as fix issues with the horizontal and vertical levels. In addition to that, you can rotate images, zoom in and out, undo and redo actions, show grid overlay and toggle view, from side-by-side to one behind the other (original and edited pictures).
From the settings panel, the language, background color and overlay grid size can be changed, you can show or hide image resolution and check for updates every 24 hours.
Features of DxO ViewPoint 2
RESOLVES EVEN THE MOST COMPLEX PERSPECTIVE PROBLEMS
• Place the anchor points along the lines you want to fix, and then apply the correction: DxO ViewPoint corrects every kind of perspective problem.
CORRECTION OF VOLUME DEFORMATION
• In just one click, restore the natural proportions to deformed subjects by applying corrections that are perfectly adapted to your equipment.
• Correct the different types of distortion affecting your lens. Whether barrel, pincushion, or fisheye, no flaw will remain uncorrected!
PLUGIN AND STANDALONE APPLICATION
• Take advantage of the standalone application and any of the plugins for DxO OpticsPro, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Elements, and Apple Aperture at the same time.
• DxO ViewPoint is available in English, French, German, and Japanese.
OS: Windows x64
* not available