FastPictureViewer Codec Pack
The FastPictureViewer Codec Pack adds fast thumbnail and preview support to Microsoft Windows for many image formats, including RAW formats from more than 580 digital cameras, Photoshop PSD, OpenEXR, TGA, DDS, HDR, Maya IFF, SGI RGB, JPEG 2000 and more!
The Codec Pack is compatible with Windows 10 Desktop, Windows 8.x Desktop, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP SP3 and also creates thumbnails for Google SketchUp, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, EPS and Adobe PDF-XMP.
The FastPictureViewer Codec Pack contains image decoders (codecs) that enables robust support for 45+ image formats, including RAW formats from more than 580 digital cameras in Windows Explorer, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Live™ Photo Gallery and, on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, also within Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player 12, with full 64-bit compatibility.
The Codec Pack supports raw formats from digital cameras from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Hasselblad, Fuji, Panasonic, Leica and more, as well as Adobe DNG, Photoshop PSD, Google SketchUp (thumbnails), and Computer Graphics image formats including OpenEXR, Radiance HDR, TGA, Softimage PIC, Autodesk Maya IFF, PNM, and DirectX DDS including ATI 3Dc compression. See full list below.
Due to technical limitations currently imposed by Microsoft for their WinRT platform, the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack decoders are not exposed to “Metro” aka “Modern” aka “Windows Store” applications at this time, as they elected to block non-Microsoft codecs for those apps.
Features of FastPictureViewer Codec Pack
Superior performance, rock-solid stability
• The FastPictureViewer Codec Pack far outperforms competing codecs, starting from existing manufacturer codecs or codecs supplied by Adobe or Microsoft, making near-instant large size previewing a reality for most popular raw formats, with rock-solid stability. In fact, the Microsoft team behind the Image Composite Editor panorama stitcher lists the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack as “tested and recommended”. The Codec Pack is in use in the largest game studios in the world, including Electronic Arts and Sony Online Entertainment.
• The FastPictureViewer Codec Pack is second to none regarding Windows compatibility, from XP SP3 to Vista to Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10, including 64 bit editions, as well as for timely camera model support (more than 580 digital camera models including the latest and greatest from 15 top manufacturers, updated several times a year).
Extensive formats support
• The FastPictureViewer Codec Pack goes beyond raw formats by supporting Adobe Photoshop® PSD and Adobe Lightroom® previews, as well as a wide selection of image formats popular amongst graphic artists and in the Computer Graphics industry, plus some unique specialties like 2D previewing of images taken with 3D cameras e.g. Fuji FinePix Real 3D W1/W3 (MPO), or JPEG-Stereo (JPS) images.
Best feature set
• The FastPictureViewer Codec Pack includes a faster JPEG codec that performs automatic rotation of thumbnails and previews in Windows Explorer, according to EXIF information. We make Windows “EXIF orientation-aware”. Our codecs expose all of the metadata contained in most raw formats, including color-space information as well as any embedded IPTC/XMP metadata, in addition to the full EXIF data. Finally, all our components are optional and can be opted-out during setup.
Developer: Home Page
– Got a new digital camera not supported by your version of Adobe Photoshop®? The FastPictureViewer Codec Pack helps bridge the gap: open any raw image supported by the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack in most versions of Adobe Photoshop® using the included FastPictureViewer Import Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop®.