Final Draft is a comprehensive word processing utility designed specifically for writing movie and TV series scripts, and other such productions. It features a spell checker for multiple languages.
The interface is not particularly attractive, but clean and easy to navigate. You can create a new project from scratch, or select one of the several templates provided by the app, such as screenplay, stageplay, half-hour sitcom, novel, or manuscript.
You can toggle between normal, page and speed script viewing mode, enable script notes, hide the ruler, show symbols representing special characters (e.g. Enter), as well as switch to index card view for the scene summary or script text.
Features of Final Draft Final
• Story Planning tool that offers you a high-level view of your story and allows you to easily preview and navigate to scenes.
• Brainstorming tool that gives you total freedom to organize your ideas as they come to you completely within your .fdx file.
• Work on your script remotely in real time with your writing partner(s).
• Store alternate lines of dialogue within the script for easy reference.
• Create your screenplay’s structure within your .fdx file using Structure Points.
Header & Footer Improvements
• Add file names to your Header & Footer automatically.
Scene Numbering Options
• New and Improved scene numbering options in line with industry standards.
Revision Menu Options
• Add bold to your revision sets.
Developer: Final Draft, Inc.
* Beat Board drag-image now shows correctly after using trackpad to zoom
* File-opening optimization regarding ScriptNotes and Cast List
* Beat Title fields show “…” for long titles
* Pasting multiple beats at once now retains relative positions
* Spell-check list now includes Dutch
* Revision-mode fixess