FontCreator Professional provides you with the tools to create and customize fonts for your webdesign projects or day-to-day needs.
The editor lets you easily select and modify the entire character set of any TrueType font and fonts based on OpenType font technology.
Features include the ability to convert (scanned) images to outlines, thus allowing you to create fonts with your own logo, signature and handwriting. The advanced validation features make the design process easy and help you avoid common mistakes.
Features of FontCreator Professional
• Create and edit TrueType and OpenType fonts
• Create and edit Web Open Font Format (WOFF) fonts
• Create and edit scalable color fonts
• Redesign existing characters
• Add missing characters
• Add up to 65,535 glyphs per font
• Import vector files (EPS, AI, PDF, etc) and bitmap images (BMP, GIF, PNG, etc)
• Add OpenType Layout Features
Developer: Home Page
* Support for cubic bezier curves (CFF/ PostScript based outlines)
* High DPI (Large Fonts) support
* New icon set
* Font validation improvements (and new Suspicious points)
* Improved Complete Composites
* Enhancements to Transform scripts
* Auto kern now allows composite glyphs to follow base glyph. Also added option to exclude lowercase-lowercase pairs.
* Vertical metrics support as requested here. Vertical metrics are only useful with fonts that are used for vertical writing, so in general you’ll only need to add it in CJK (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean) fonts.
* Support for launch custom externals
* Improved the installed fonts dialog
* Show angle (with a single point) or distance (between two selected points) in status bar
* Move cubic control points while forcing “C1 continuity” by holding down the “ALT” key while moving the points.
* Updated OpenType features and languages lists
* Class Manager -> added option in Select Class Members dialog to filter by AnchorClass
* Option for Glyph Fill Opacity in Glyph Edit window
* Improved extreme control point detection
* Improved moving cubic points
* Select Multiple Glyphs in Insert Glyph Member to Composite Glyphs
* Convert all outlines to either quadratic or cubic
* New Project dialog to support predefined outlines as either cubic or quadratic
* Cubic outlines, select on curve point and press ‘S’ to force C1
* Cubic outlines, select on curve point and press ‘D’ to force vertical or horizontal alignment
* Improvements to Add Script, Language, Feature, Lookup dialog
* Added a round coordinates button (R)
* Fixed AutoKern (and Optical Metrics) bug
* Added a smooth, smooth and align, and round coordinates in context menu (point mode only)
* Glyph names -> search and replace as well as bulk replace
* New “smart delete points” (backspace)
* Copy and paste path from Photoshop
* Show codepoint of selected glyph in composite glyph member dialog
* Optical Metrics no longer wipes the ‘use this glyphs metrics’ flag
* Insert Contour feature will now allow you to define quadratic and cubic curves; based on TrueType outline format in Export settings.
* Insert Contour feature will now use click and drag to make curves; right-click no longer adds off curve points (would otherwise be a challenge with cubic curves).
* Allow FontCreator to use more memory, which is needed to open/save large font projects. FontCreator can still run out of memory if it requires a large black of memory but can’t find any due to memory fragmentation. A 64 bit version has access to more memory, so that is the future.
* Replace glyph member within Glyph Edit window. Select one, and right-click, then click replace…
* Show Transform toolwindow when editing composites
* Minor improvements related to the Background toolwindow
* Provide correct contour direction when inserting rectangle and ellipse contours