GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware – Ransomware attacks are very common, and trojans like CryptoLocker stand out from other types of malware because they are specially designed to create profits for the authors. They rely on a network of control servers and, while they do not destroy your files, they make them almost impossible to recover.
GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware is a newly developed application that can help you block these attacks. It offers a real-time protection engine that prevents encryption attempts, and it is designed to be as unobtrusive as possible.
Features of GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware
Promising application that is still in the Beta testing phase
• Before anything else, it should be noted that the application is still in active development, so it is not unlikely that you will encounter some bugs during normal operation.
• While this would not be a major issue with any other type of application, a security solution needs to be reliable without fault. For this reason, it is recommended that you do not rely on this anti-ransomware tool exclusively, but you are encouraged to try it out and inform the developers of any potential issues.
Unobtrusive application that protects you while running in the background
• An anti-malware utility is only useful if it does not cause more headaches than the attacks it blocks, something that many developers seem to be forgetting nowadays.
• Thankfully, this is not the case with GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware. The application is minimized to the system tray upon launch, and it only displays a small window in the tray area when brought up.
• However, while you can start or stop the real-time protection module at any time, it is enabled automatically whenever you minimize the application, which is less than ideal.
Lightweight security solution that lacks documentation
• When taking everything into consideration, GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware is an interesting application that looks good so far, but it is still in the early stages of the development process.
• The application is designed to block ransomware, but no documentation is provided, so there is no way of knowing which types of attacks it can prevent at present.
* not available