InstallShield 2016 SP2 Premier Edition is the world’s leading Windows installer development solution. InstallShield is designed to enable development teams to be more agile, collaborative and flexible when building reliable InstallScript and Windows Installer (MSI) installations for PCs, servers, Web and virtual applications. InstallShield is the only software installer that can directly convert MSIs to Microsoft App-V virtual packages.
New opportunities and fast-paced change continue to pervade the technology marketplace. To keep up, application producers need to adapt quickly, get to market faster, and deliver a seamless, contemporary customer experience. The global de facto standard on more than 500 million PCs and servers, InstallShield is a strategic software installation development solution designed for traditional and agile development teams and their Windows and virtualized installation requirements. InstallShield includes automated tools to productize, install, and bundle software in application virtualization and traditional EXE and MSI formats.
Features of InstallShield 2016 SP2
• Achieve maximum flexibility in your installations with InstallScript—a powerful and easy-to-use scripting language. Create script-based installations and Windows Installer Custom Actions.
Simplify Complex Installations with Suite/Advanced UI Projects:
• InstallShield’s Suite/Advanced UI projects support installing Microsoft Web Deploy files to simplify the deployment of web applications. Suite/Advanced UI installations can bundle MSIs, EXEs, Microsoft Web Deploy files and more. They can be bundled with dependencies, server configuration tasks, database scripts, and all the required components of a complex multi-server application.
Convert MSIs to Microsoft App-V 5.1:
• Provide flexible installation options for your enterprise customers by creating both Microsoft App-V 5.1 packages and Windows Installer MSI installations from the same build process. Improve your team’s ability to quickly test and troubleshoot customer issues by providing them with instant streaming access to virtualized instances of multiple product versions.
Application Virtualization Suitability Testing:
• Validate that your product is compatible with the leading application virtualization formats including Microsoft App-V, VMware®, ThinApp and Citrix XenApp.
Developer: Flexera Software LLC
• Test Your App for Compatibility with Universal Windows Platform (UWP) App Packages and Windows Server App Packages – Scan your InstallShield project in seconds to save hours of investigative work by automatically identifying potential compatibility issues between your application and Microsoft’s Desktop Bridge (formerly known as “Project Centennial”), and Windows Server App packages.
• Create Universal Windows Platform (UWP) App Packages from MSI Projects – Prepare for the Windows Store and simplify your software’s installation experience on Windows 10 by building Universal Windows Platform app packages (formerly known as “Project Centennial”) from your existing InstallShield projects. Build both Windows Installer and UWP App Packages to support all of your customers’ desired deployment scenarios.
• Create Windows Server App Packages (WSA) from MSI Projects – Get ready for Nano Server and Windows Server 2016 deployments by building Windows Server App packages from your existing InstallShield projects. Simultaneously create both Windows Server App packages and Windows Installer packages in your build process to easily support all of your customers’ desired deployment scenarios.
• Combine Multiple UWP App Packages into One – Develop your installation in modules for easier deployment and maintenance, and then merge the components and dependencies at build time into a single UWP app (Appx) package for the Windows Store. For direct distribution outside the store, bundle your UWP App Packages and other dependencies together with a Suite/Advanced UI installer.
• Mapped MSI Table Relationships – Gain insight into how MSI tables are related for more precise editing and troubleshooting. Quickly see how those changes will impact your installer to reduce the unintended consequences of manual table editing.
• Custom Windows 10 Tiles – Make your Windows Installer and UWP desktop applications “pop” on the Windows 10 Start screen with vibrant tiles for increased user engagement.