JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 15
IntelliJ IDEA is a reliable software solution focused on developers’ productivity and efficiency. It provides you with a comprehensive set of tools and integrations with the most modern technologies and frameworks including Java, Scala, Groovy or other programming languages.
Since it is developed as a straightforward Java IDE, IntelliJ IDEA does provide support for web, enterprise and mobile frameworks and code assistance for all supported languages and frameworks.
Irrespective of which programming language you choose to develop mobile applications with, be it .NET, C++ or C#, IntelliJ IDEA comes with useful tools including UML Designer, SQL Editor or Bug Tracker Integration that make the development more productive.
The main window is user-friendly and displays by default the navigation toolbar and the ‘Project view’ section that allows you to view all the available files. Since the application does not include other perspectives like other IDEs do (for example Eclipse), you don’t need to switch between different workspace layouts to perform various tasks. It brings up the corresponding tools automatically and the actions stay the same all the time.
Features of IntelliJ IDEA
• Enterprise technologies support including Java EE, Spring, GWT, Struts, Play, Hibernate, Google App Engine, OSGi and others
• Full array of supported languages, with refactoring capabilities: ActionScript, PHP, Groovy, Scala, Python/Jython, Ruby/JRuby, Clojure
• Deployment and debugging with any of the following application servers: Tomcat, GlassFish, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere, Geronimo, Resin, Jetty
• Commercial version control systems support: Perforce, ClearCase, Team Foundation Server, Visual SourceSafe
• Tools for working with large scale Java codebases: dependency analysis and validation, UML class diagrams
• Unique structural search and replace facility based on regular expressions describing structural Java elements
• Easily spot and fix duplicate code fragments. Measure the code coverage for your unit tests
Developer: Home Page
– 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB RAM recommended
– 300 MB hard disk space + at least 1 G for caches
– 1024×768 minimum screen resolution