LameXP – A GUI for the LAME MP3 encoder designed to help you convert audio files using batch processing while offering support for advanced configuration settings (e.g. select sampling rate and MP3 channel mode).
In the user-friendly interface you can add a file to encode (it also supports batch conversion), but you can also use the drag-and-drop support while you are browsing for files in Explorer (a floating drop box is displayed on the lower right corner of the screen).
Edit metadata and create playlists
Once you have specified the output destination, you can edit metadata (it will supersede data from the source), enable or disable LameXP to automatically generate a playlist file (M3U), as well as configure compression and advanced options.
The format of the converted file can be MP3, OGG, Aften A/52, FLAC or WAV. In order to convert to AAC, you need to manually download the codec files in the LameXP installation files.
In addition, you can select rate control method (quality-based, average bitrate, constant bitrate), and adjust the quality/bitrate ratio (from level 0 to 9).
Advanced configuration settings
If you are an advanced user, you can also adjust the LAME algorithm quality – from poor quality (very fast) to best quality (very slow), enable bitrate management for LAME and OggEnc2, select sampling rate and MP3 channel mode, enforce stereo down mix of multi-channel sources, enable volume normalization filter, adjust treble and bass, set a rename pattern, adjust multi-threading, and more.
We tested LameXP by converting one 8.19MB MP3 file to WAV and FLAC. We used the default settings, and LameXP managed to successfully convert the files in remarkable time (only a few seconds). The output files weighed 57.8MB (WAV) and 45.7MB (FLAC).
It even alerts you with sound when the task is completed, and during conversion you can view overall CPU usage (which is low) and physical RAM usage.
In conclusion, LameXP is an excellent application for converting audio files, and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Features of LameXP
• Creates MP3 (MPEG 1.0 Audio-Layer III) files
• Provides a graphical user-interface for WindowsXP
• Provides the highest possible MP3 quality/compression-rate
• Supports PCM Wave-Audio files, MP3 files and raw PCM files
• Supports bitrate-based and quality-based compression
• Supports variable bitrate MP3 files and avarge bitrate encoding
• Supports Mono, Stereo, Joint Stereo and Dual Mono
• Supports ID3 Tags (ID3v1 and ID3v2)
• Supports Resampling and Stereo/Mono Downmixing
• Supports various encoder quality/speed modes
Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Taiwan, Chinese, Korean
– Updated LAME encoder to v3.100 Final (2017-10-13), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 14.1
– Updated mpg123 decoder to v1.25.10 (2018-03-05), compiled with GCC 7.3.0
– Updated Opus encoder/decoder libraries to v1.3-beta-31 (2018-03-27) and Opus-Tools to v0.1.10-51 (2018-03-04)
– Updated Monkey’s Audio binary to v4.33 (2017-12-01), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
– Updated FAAD decoder to v2.8.6 (2017-10-10), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
– Updated Vorbis decoder to OggDec v1.10.1+ (2015-03-19), using libVorbis v1.3.6 (2018-03-16)
– Updated ALAC decoder to refalac v1.64 (2017-05-19), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
– Updated WavPack decoder to v5.1.0 (2017-01-20), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
– Updated MediaInfo to v18.03.1+ (2018-04-19), compiled with ICL 18.2 and MSVC 15.6
– Updated GnuPG to v1.4.22 (2017-07-19), compiled with GCC 7.2.0
– Updated QAAC add-in (separate download) to QAAC v2.64 (2017-07-19), compiled with ICL 18.0 and MSVC 15.5
– Complete re-write of MediaInfo parsing code, now using XML-based MediaInfo output
– Improved auto-detection of max. parallel instances on computers with “fast” (i.e. SSD or similar) drive
– Some improvements to output file name generation code
– Added “Visual Elements” manifest for Windows 8+ “Start” screen tile
– Some more protection against “DLL pre-loading” attacks has been implemented
Download LameXP Final for PC
This Post Was Last Updated On: May 1, 2018 By Author: KaranPC Site: karanpc(.)com