MAGIX Vegas Pro 14
Vegas™ Pro 14 is a contemporary NLE designed for complete creative control. New features include advanced archival tools, sophisticated audio metering, and the Vegas Pro Connect mobile iPad companion app. Vegas™ Pro 13 comes complete with DVD Architect™ Pro 6, Dolby® Digital Professional Encoder, and plug-in collections from FXHOME, NewBlueFX, and iZotope®.
Features of MAGIX Vegas Pro 14
Innovative editing tools
• Edit SD, HD, 2K, and 4K material in 2D or stereoscopic 3D, with drag-and-drop functionality or traditional 3-point and 4-point editing modes. The Vegas Pro 14 interface provides an impressive array of innovative tools and thoughtful touches, with a fully customizable workspace for accomplishing a wide range of production tasks. Nest Vegas Pro projects within the timeline, customize and save keyboard commands, and use application scripting to automate repetitive tasks.
Powerful effects and compositing engines
• Combine up to 32 high-quality, keyframeable effects per effects chain and apply them at the event, track, media, or project level. Vegas Pro 14 uses an advanced plug-in architecture based on the OpenFX standard to assure compatibility with hundreds of cutting-edge effects designed by leading video effects VFX developers. Parent/child tracks and 2D and 3D modes provide a powerful, flexible, and sophisticated compositing environment. Shape Masking tools and FX Masking make panning, cropping, and targeted effects treatments easy. The Color Match plug-in along with a wide range of other color-correction tools enable you to quickly match color characteristics from one clip to another.
• Import and export a wide range of project files to and from Vegas Pro 14. Project Interchange can convert between native .veg files and AAF for Avid® ProTools®, XML for Apple® Final Cut Pro® 7, Final Cut Pro X (export only), DaVinci Resolve 10, and .prproj for Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC and After Effects® CC.
New! Vegas Pro Connect – Vegas Pro 14 collaboration enhancement app for iPad
• To solve the collaboration challenge on video productions, Vegas Pro Connect replaces tedious written spreadsheets and notes with efficient online and offline review workflows. The app provides a comprehensive review system within a gesture-driven control surface and represents a genuine breakthrough in project collaboration and control. Easy to set up and use, Vegas Pro Connect provides the kind of collaborative edge that will make your clients feel like they have well-channeled editorial control as well as a more direct and meaningful involvement in the creative process.
• Working with OpenCL™ -supported devices from AMD and NVIDIA, Vegas Pro 14 leverages GPU acceleration for video FX, transitions, compositing, pan/crop, track motion and encoding, providing a significantly faster workflow. GPU acceleration provides playback performance gains and faster rendering times to streamline the video editing experience in Vegas Pro 13—ideal for industry professionals who work on tight deadlines where every second counts.
Stereoscopic 3D editing
• Create breathtaking stereoscopic 3D projects with the same ease and agility found in the Vegas Pro 2D workflow. Vegas Pro 14 provides the ability to easily import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D media—all using industry-standard professional delivery formats including single or dual files with side-by-side, top/bottom, or line-alternate encoding. Anaglyphic monitoring and output are also supported. The 3D Link feature allows bulk pairing of stereoscopic 3D subclips on the timeline, with the ability to automatically pair stereoscopic 3D media from the Sony PMW-TD300 or a pair of PMW-F3 cameras.
Superior audio control
• Use unlimited audio tracks, high-resolution 24-bit/192 kHz audio recording and playback, punch-in recording, 5.1 surround mixing, effects automation, and time compression/expansion. Shape your audio with customizable, real-time audio effects like EQ, reverb, delay, and more. Expand your audio processing and mixing options with supported third-party VST audio plug-ins. Vegas Pro 13 includes support for 64-bit versions of Sony Creative Software Noise Reduction 2.0, Wave Hammer, Acoustic Mirror, and more. Enjoy comprehensive mixdown functionality with full console capabilities.
New! Loudness meters
• Open the new Loudness Meters and tweak your mixes to maximize audio dynamic range while you maintain consistent -23 LUFS Integrated levels and create EBU R-128/CALM Act compliant renders that will pass unattenuated through every stage of any contemporary broadcaster’s signal path. The result: perfection, with your audio delivered to viewers in a state as dynamic and pristine as when it was rendered—exactly as you intended—regardless of playback system.
Powerful Blu-ray Disc authoring
• Burn movies to Blu-ray Disc directly from the Vegas Pro 13 timeline or with the included DVD Architect Pro 6 where you can author DVD and Blu-ray Disc projects with subtitles, multiple languages, and numerous playback menus. Preview and test your work in real time. Import layered Photoshop® .PSD files for buttons and other graphical elements. The MainConcept AVC encoder supports variable bit rates up to 40 Mbps and average bit rate of 25 Mbps, for top-of-the-line HD quality.
Developer: MAGIX Software GmbH
OS: Windows x64.
– 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
– 1 GB drive space for program installation
– SSD or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
– 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
– OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
– USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
– Windows-compatible sound card
– DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
– Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
– Supported DVD-recordable drive (for DVD burning only)
– Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
– GPU-accelerated video processing and rendering requires an OpenCL™-supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI™, or Intel® GPU with 512MB memory; 1GB for 4K.
– Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
– Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
– Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
– Added Smart Zoom, Smart Scale, and Smart adaptive deinterlacing to allow you to upscale clips for Ultra HD delivery (requires a supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU).
– Added a Vignette video effect.
– Added support for working with high-frame-rate (HFR) clips.
– Added hover scrub to the Trimmer for fast scrubbing.
– Updated support for current BlackMagic Design hardware:
– DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, 4K Pro, 4K Extreme, Studio 4K, SDI 4K, HD Extreme, Extreme 3D, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
– Intensity Shuttle, Pro 4K, and Pro.
– UltraStudio 4K Extreme, 4K, Pro, SDI, Express, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
– Improved support for clips from RED ONE, EPIC, SCARLET, and WEAPON cameras.
– Added Post lift, Post gamma, Post gain, and Dragon enhanced blacks controls to the R3D Decode Properties dialog.
– Fixed an issue that caused certain clips to fail to load on upgraded RED WEAPON cameras with older firmware.
– Fixed a crash that could occur when loading certain old RED ONE clips.
– Fixed a color cast that could occur in clips shot with RED Motion Mount on the latest camera firmware.
– Updated support for current AJA hardware.
– Added a Resample mode drop-down list to the Video tab in the Project Properties dialog. You can use this control to set the default resample mode for your project video. To override the project resample mode, you can use the Force resample and Disable resample event switches.
– Improved playback and editing performance when using a Dynamic RAM Preview cache size greater than 200 MB.
– Improved gamma calculations for still-image sequence renders for 32-bit floating point projects. Now levels for 32-bit floating point (video levels) and 32-bit floating point (full range) with nonlinear gamma are more consistent with 8-bit levels.
– Added a Group Video and Audio Events script (Tools > Scripting) to allow you to easily group audio and video events from an imported EDL.
– Increased the top-end of the range of event Velocity envelopes to 1,000% to increase the maximum possible overall velocity of video on the timeline to 40 times normal speed (in conjunction with the Playback rate event property).
– New artwork and icons for buttons and other interface elements give the application an updated, more modern look and feel.
– Support for reading and writing HEVC/H265 files.
– Native support for reading ProRes 422 files without the need for QuickTime.
– Fixed a bug that caused a disabled Beziér mask to become enabled when the mask is moved
– Fixed a bug that caused some Video Capture Help links to be non functional
– Fixed a bug that caused the Sharpen FX to exhibit different results when set to 0.000 depending upon whether the GPU was engaged or not
– Fixed a but that caused the arrow keys and J/K/L shortcuts to lose the ability to move the play head after undoing a framerate change in Project Properties
– Fixed a bug that prevented users from choosing their language during the installation process
– Fixed a bug that prevented video files from some cell phone devices from being recognized
– Fixed a bug in the scripting API that could cause an OverflowException in scripting extensions
– Fixed a bug that could cause VEGAS Pro to hang if the Escape key is pressed to dismiss the Render As dialog box
– Improved support for HiDPI displays. WIndows 8.1 or Windows 10 is recommended when using a HiDPI display.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when clicking in the header of the Vegas Explorer in Details view.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when renaming an in-use file in the Vegas Explorer.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with multiple GPUs.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with many network adapters.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to become unresponsive when loading projects that contained unavailable plug-ins.
– Fixed a bug that could cause rendered files to be truncated when rendering from FLAC source audio.
– Fixed a bug that could cause inconsistent audio and video stream lengths when working with some MP4 clips.
– Fixed an issue that could cause one frame to appear black when using Side by side (full) stereoscopic 3D mode with GPU acceleration enabled.
– Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion to offset horizontally only with GPU acceleration enabled.
– Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion when the 2D Glow check box was selected with GPU acceleration enabled.
– Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect display when using FX Bypass mode in a split-screen configuration with GPU acceleration enabled.
– Fixed an error that incorrectly listed the Studio RGB range in the Broadcast Colors plug-in as 16-135. The correct range — 16-235 — is now displayed.
– Fixed drawing and scaling issues that could occur when running Vegas Pro with a HiDPI display on Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10.
– Fixed drawing issues that could occur when scaling the keyframe timeline for OpenFX plug-ins.
– Improved performance when using 64-bit VST plug-ins.
– Fixed a bug that could result in inconsistent behavior after pasting video event attributes.
– Fixed a bug that could prevent Vegas Pro from correctly reading the Field Order value in some MOV files.
– Fixed a bug that prevented the Titles & Text plug-in from working correctly.
– Fixed a bug that could cause the application to become unresponsive in projects that contain a large number of bins in the Project Media window.
– Fixed a bug that prevented smart bins from preserving their Condition setting.
– Pressing A in the Trimmer now adds the current selection to the timeline as an event. If there is no selection in the Trimmer, the entire clip is used.