Microsoft Office 2016 VL ProPlus English (x86/x64)
Here is a new version of Microsoft Office 2016 – update of one of the most important products of the company. Microsoft Office 2016 well demonstrates how today has changed the approach to create documents and work with them.
Customized default setup (slightly modified using OCT – Office Customization Tool)
– Shortcuts – Office 2016 by default decides to put all of the shortcuts on the start menu WITHOUT a subdirectory – splattered all over the start menu.
The included setup customization file place all shortcuts for Office 2016 suites into a subdirectory Microsoft Office 2016, and Office tools into a subdirectory Tools
– Default setup options- all programs and features will be installed by default, except for Skype for Business * and Office Telemetry ** – you can obviously modify all setup options as you wish
* Skype for Business (why you should not install it, nor accept to install it as an ‘optional update’ from Microsoft Update)
The thing is, default setup will install Skype for Business, whether the computer has the Skype for Business client already installed or not.
If you choose to install Skype for Business from Office setup, it will run through a Skype setup wizard, which prompts you to start Skype when Windows starts, install Skype Click to Call, set Bing as your search engine and MSN as your homepage, and then asks you to sign in.
Here’s where the confusion starts. What account do I use? If you select Skype Name and use your existing (personal/home) account it will configure the computer to use two identities – Skype for your personal account and Skype for Business for your work account. If you select Microsoft Account, it will create a new Live ID with your work email address – something you probably don’t want to do.
** Office Telemetry (why you might not want to share your data)
Telemetry Dashboard displays the file names and titles of documents in each user’s Most Recently Used list, which might reveal personal or confidential information about the user or organization. The names of add-ins and other solutions that are used by Office are also displayed.
The telemetry agent collects inventory, usage, and other application data and uploads it to a shared folder, where it is processed by a service known as the telemetry processor and inserted into an SQL database. The Telemetry Dashboard connects to this database so that it can show the usage of Office files, add-ins, and solutions.
– x86: SW_DVD5_Office_Professional_Plus_2016_W32_English_MLF_X20-41353.ISO
– x64: SW_DVD5_Office_Professional_Plus_2016_64Bit_English_MLF_X20-42432.ISO
Compatibility with previous versions
Microsoft has removed the ability to run parallel versions of Office with the 2016 release.
Part of the installer will search and remove any previous version and not permit the operation of older components. e.g. an older version of Outlook 2013/2010 with Publisher 2016.
In other words, don’t mix Office versions.
You can use Microsoft FixIt Tools to manually uninstall / remove / delete previous Office versions (included in Bonus folder).
This should remove all traces of Office from the system.
Updating Microsoft Office 2016 Volume Edition
Unlike the Click2Run editions, the Volume Edition does not offer updating the application through the Account page (File –> Accounts –> Updates).
To get updates for the Office 2016 VL version, you must enable “Get updates for other products from Microsoft update” in Windows Update.
Language: English (en-US)
Channel: Volume License
Proofing Tools: English, French, Spanish
Updated: September 6, 2016
– 64-bit version runs on 64-bit systems only
– OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7 SP1 + Windows 10 Server, Server 2012 R2/2012/2008 R2
– .NET version: .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR to also be installed