Microsoft Silverlight is a free plug-in powered by the .NET framework that is compatible across multiple browsers, devices and operating systems to bring a new level of interactivity wherever the Web works. With support for advanced data integration, multithreading, HD video using IIS Smooth Streaming, and built in content protection, Silverlight enables online and offline applications for a broad range of business and consumer scenarios. Microsoft Silverlight is an application framework for writing and running rich internet applications with emphasis on multimedia, animations, and graphics, with features and purposes similar to those of Adobe Flash. The run-time environment for Silverlight is available as a plug-in for most web browsers.
Features of Microsoft Silverlight
• Engage users longer and make the most of your content with interactive features and high-definition streaming video delivered through live and on-demand IIS Smooth Streaming.
• Build user “buzz” and differentiate yourself with innovative capabilities, such as Deep Zoom and Pivot, which push the boundaries of interactivity and data visualization, and provide new ways to present your brand.
• Silverlight enables Web-based applications to deliver the business functionality users demand with a modern, efficient UI while securely interacting with desktop files, devices, data and applications such as Microsoft Office.
• Build on Microsoft’s industrial-strength application development tools and a platform that promotes stability, scalability, reliability, and performance.
• Deliver engaging experiences through all major browsers on Mac, Windows, and Linux client operating systems, mobile devices such as Windows Phone 7, Nokia Series 60 and set top boxes.
• Extend browser experiences to the desktop and devices with innovative tools, servers and frameworks.
• Grow your business, your productivity, and your profitability with technology and tools that deliver exceptional value and accommodate the business model that fits your company best.
• Call on millions of existing developers and thousands of businesses already familiar with .NET development to help create and deploy Silverlight applications.
• Create rich Web-based applications that quickly integrate with your existing back-end systems. Easily enhance existing Web and SharePoint sites by incrementally adding Silverlight components.
Developer: Home Page