NeoRouter 2 is a cross-platform zero-configuration VPN solution that securely connects Windows, Mac, Linux and FreeBSD computers at any locations into a virtual LAN and provides a networking platform for various applications like remote desktop, shared folders and printers, offsite backup, voice & video chat, etc..
Features of NeoRouter 2
Roaming user profile:
• You can sign in from any computer using the same account and your profile (including the computer list and your preference) will roam with you.
• NeoRouter can setup direct peer-to-peer (P2P) connection between computers. When direct P2P connection is impossible (e.g. your computer is behind a corporate firewall), NeoRouter relays the network traffic through your own router, while other VPN products relay through a central server geologically located far away and shared by thousands of other users.
Advanced user management and access control:
• You can create multiple users with different privileges, and grant accesses to a computer or a service individually. For example, you can prevent your gamer friend Bob from accessing the photos you shared with mom.
• Add-ons extend NeoRouter and let you perform additional tasks over the virtual network.
• Proxy support allows you access your virtual network behind proxy servers that support HTTP Proxy, SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 protocols.
• You can put your computer to standby mode to conserve electricity and NeoRouter can wake up the computer when you actually use it.
NeoRouter does not rely on a central server for connectivity, so you do not need to worry about the unexpected server maintenance and downtime.
Run as a windows service:
• NeoRouter provides this feature for free, while other VPN products charge a fee for this feature.
Unlimited network capacity:
• There is no limit on how many computers can join the network or how many users can be created.
Developer: NeoRouter Inc
* Added search feature in the NeoRouter Client allowing one quickly search computer list by computeralias name
* Fixed bug in the installer that may remove the email address when setup the server with an existing NeoRouter domain