Notepad++ is a handy, very useful source code editor designed to support several programming languages. Notepad++ is designed to be a freeware replacement for Notepad.
This project is based on Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component) and written in C++ with pure win32 api (i.e. without MFC, that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program).
Features of Notepad++
Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding:
If you have a colour printer, print your source code (or whatever you want) in colour.
For each style in every supported language, user can change the background/foreground colour, the font, font size and font style ( bold or Italic ) via the Style Configurator Dialog.
User Define Syntax Highlighting:
It allows user to define his own language : not only the syntax highlighting keywords, but also the syntax folding keywords, comment keywords and the operators.
You can edit several documents at the same time.
You have two views at same time. That means you can visualize (edit) 2 different documents at the same time. You can visualize (edit) in the 2 views one document at 2 different positions as well. The modification of document in one view will carry out in another view (i.e. you modify the SAME document when you are in clone mode).
Regular Expression Search supported:
You can search one string in the document by using the regular expression.
Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported:
You can open a document by drag & drop. You can also move your document from a position (or even a view) to another by drag & drop.
Dynamic position of Views:
The user can set the position of the views dynamically (only in 2 views mode : the splitter can be set in horizontal or in vertical).
File Status Auto-detection:
If you modify or delete a file which opened in Notepad++, you will be notified to update your document (reload the file or remove the file).
Zoom in and zoom out:
That’s another fantastic function of Scintilla component.
Multi-Language environment supported:
The Chinese, Japanese and Korean Windows environments are supported.
User can just click on the bookmark margin (located right side of line number margin) or type Ctrl+F2 to toggle a book mark. To reach the bookmark, type just F2 (Next bookmark) or Shift+F2 (Previous bookmark). To clear all bookmarks, click the Menu Search->Clear All bookmarks.
Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting:
When the caret stay beside of one of those symbol [ ] ( ) , the symbol beside of caret and its symmetric opposite symbol will be highlighted, as well as the indent guideline (if any) in order to locate the bloc more easily.
Developer: Don HO
* x64 build available.
* Fix the DLL Hijacking Vulnerability of previous versions (by updating NSIS to v3.0).
* Auto-updater improvement: periodical check can be disable via auto-update prompt dialog.
* Installer enhancement: Check if Notepad++ is running and ask the user to close it before continue.
* Enhancement: add conflict detection to Shortcut Mapper.
* Fix auto-completion on XML comment and * Fix file saving crash which can be reproduced through a specific way to save file.
* Fix a crash issue while UDL’s user keyword list is too long.
* Fix HDPI issues for some components (task list, margins and shortcut mapper).
* Add a new feature(optional) : Close the last document will quit Notepad++.
* Add more Change Case variants (Title Case, Sentence case, iVERT cASE, rANdOm caSe).
* Add Open file & open containing folder commands on selected file/folder name in text content.
* Add Search on Internet command on selected word(s) in text content.
* Add Scroll Tab Bar with mouse wheel capacity.
* Add commands for moving the current file tab Forward/Backward.
* Fix bug of monitoring not working for files under root.
* Ruby is supported by Function List.
* Added new option: Enable scrolling beyond last line.
* Add an option to restore old behaviour (open files in folder) while folder being dropped.