Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox based isolation program for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing. Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer. When you run a program on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program via read operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally flows back from the progam to the hard disk via write operations.
Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it back to your hard disk.
• Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
• Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation, so when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
• Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
• Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
• Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
• Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
Translations: The following languages can be selected during installation: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian and Turkish.
Features of Sandboxie 5
Stay safe on the Internet with Sandboxie
• Run programs in a sandbox to prevent rogue software, unwanted programs, spyware, viruses, worms, and other malware from making permanent changes to your machine
• Protect yourself or your company from a wide variety of attacks – ranging from botnets to banking Trojans and ransomware to run of the mill viruses
• Configure your own sandboxes to meet your specific needs
• Trial the Sandboxie Free version, buy the Sandboxie Pro version or upgrade to an enterprise grade product with Invincea FreeSpace™ to take advantage of invisible protection, central management, behavioral based malware detection & reporting, malware forensics capture, threat intelligence feeds
Trusted for more than 10 years by hundreds of thousands of individuals and more than 1,100 organizations around the globe
• Secure Web Browsing: Run your web browser in Sandboxie – preventing any malicious software downloaded by the browser from harming your machine
• Enhanced Privacy: Keep browsing history, cookies and cached temporary files in the sandbox – not on your machine
• Safe Social Networking: Click on Twitter links and Facebook updates without the fear of social networking worms infecting your machine
• Secure e-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your e-mail attachments can’t break out of the sandbox and infect your machine
• Keep your system running smoothly: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software in the isolated container
Developer: Home Page
* not available
1. Read iNsTrucTioN.txt