SanDisk SSD Dashboard 188.8.131.52
SanDisk SSD Dashboard is the latest company to make software to manipulate SSDs and it’s easily the most feature rich. The software is called SSD Dashboard and it covers nearly every feature we’ve seen from other SSD makers, and then adds more functions on top.
The initial screen starts off fairly tame, but this is a good thing, no need to overwhelm users right off the bat. Here you can see data on the drives capacity, used capacity, drive life, interface speed and temperature. The temperature function currently gives a false reading on some SanDisk drives, but that will be fixed in the next update.
Features of SanDisk SSD Dashboard
• The performance tab gives us real-time performance measurements, polling the data from Windows Performance Monitor. You can see both throughput (MB/s) or IOPS performance for both data reads and data writes.
• Users can also select the Optimization tab to TRIM the drive in this section in operating systems that support the feature.
• The tools section is quite extensive. Here we can update the firmware two different ways. The first is for Dashboard to reach out to SanDisk’s servers and download / install the firmware. The second is to download the firmware yourself and then use Dashboard to install the firmware.
• Again, Windows 8 blocks secure erase, but SanDisk allows users to plug in a USB flash drive, format it with SanDisk software and boot into the software to secure erase SanDisk SSDs.
• Sanitize is also blocked by Windows 8, but SanDisk is working on a way to make all of the blocked functions work on the newer operating systems.
• If our drive was encrypted with eDrive or TCG Opal software, we could delete the encryption and the data on the drive with the Crypto Erase function.
• In Dashboard, you can run a SMART short or long test.
• In drive details, you see all of the information for the drive, as well as the connected speed, model number, serial number, worldwide name and other data.
• The last tab under tools gives us information on both the operating system and computer.
• At the bottom of the Tools page is a section called additional features. These are software functions by third party makers. These are SanDisk partners and the functions include drive cloning, virus scanning, theft recovery and drive security.
Developer: Home Page
* Added the ability (optional) to send you an email or text message alert when your SSD needs attention
* Replaced command line interface with a graphical user interface in Linux
* Added a mechanism to prevent users from updating their SSD with the same firmware more than once
* Fixed Firmware Update to allow updating all SSDs in an Intel RAID configuration
* Added a password protected zip file for the Generate Report output files
* Fixed inaccurate display of the SATA link speed
* Changed the way the promotional messages are presented to you in the right panel
* Fixed other minor bugs.