Smith Micro Moho Pro – Everything you need to make amazing, professional animation. Moho™ Pro 12 (formerly Anime Studio Pro) offers the most powerful 2D rigging system of the market and mix it with traditional animation tools, allowing to get professional results easier and faster.
Moho™ Pro 12 is perfect for professionals looking for a more efficient alternative to traditional animation. With an intuitive interface and robust features such Smart Bones™, Smart Warp, Bezier handles optimized for animation, frame-by-frame tools, a professional Timeline, physics, motion tracking, motion graphs, 64-bit architecture and much more, Moho™ Pro 12 delivers advanced animation tools to speed up your workflow and combines cutting-edge features with powerful technology for the most unique animation program for digital artists.
Features of Smith Micro Moho Pro
Revolutionary Smart Bones™
• Smart Bones is an incredible feature that reduces or entirely removes distortion around your character’s joints – specifically around knees and elbows. Group a set of points and use the Smart Bones control levers to create 3D looking motion that you can easily repeat with the turn of a dial. For example with Smart Bones you can control facial expressions and head-turning on a character with simple dial movements instead of having to touch each bone point. Smart Bones not only steps up the quality and realism of the bone actions, but makes it MUCH easier to repeat complex movements and control your rigged elements. Smart Bones allow the ability to control Switch layers, Layer order, Layer visibility, Follow path, Flip layer horizontally/vertically, Stroke exposure, Shape effect positioning, Shape effect parameters (like gradient colors), 3D thickness of vector shapes that have been converted to 3D and even more smart bones controls
• Several major enhancements have been made to Moho’s bone features. The new bone constraints feature will include rigging options that will help set up characters that are more complex and powerful. The independent angle constraint allows a bone to maintain its global angle similar to a camera crane and is not affected by inverse kinematics or its bone parents. Ideal uses for bone constraints include robotic arms or feet on characters that maintains constraints when the rest of the leg is moving. The squash and stretch bone scaling enhancement allows bones to squash and stretch objects. The elbow bending feature helps improve otherwise abnormal bending and squashing issues. New target bones help bones point in the right direction rather than having the need to consistently set angles. Other improvements in bones include an updated inverse kinematic solver and automatic bone scaling.
FBX Support for Unity™ Game Developers
• Unity™ game developers and users will now be able to use FBX support of animated 2D content in Moho Pro, eliminating the need to create rigid sprites for game development and providing the ability to get the exact look and feel that they want. FBX, the adaptable file format for 3D animation from Autodesk®, is the most common method for integrating animated 2D and 3D assets in Unity.
Import Photoshop Files
• Import your existing Photoshop files with all layers intact. Changes made in Photoshop instantly appear in the imported file in Anime Studio, allowing you to continually refine your Photoshop document. Many Photoshop features are supported in the imported PSD files, including blending modes, layer opacity, smart objects and smart filters. Groups are also supported and can be set up in Photoshop to automatically get imported into Moho Pro as switch layers for quick animating.
Bounce, Elastic and Stagger Interpolation
• By applying the Bounce keyframe type to the timeline, any object interpolated will appear to bounce, all within two keyframes. Elastic provides a rubber band effect, making objects spring back and forth before reaching their end point. Settings can be adjusted for each of these interpolation types to change the amount of times the object bounces, the intensity and more. Stagger creates the effect that the animation is stuttering or staggering between two keyframes. No additional keyframes are created for this effect. This is great if you want to create the effect a character is having issue lifting a heavy object, as an example. Watch Video
Real Time Media Connection
• The new Real Time Media Connection in Moho Pro automatically updates image, movie and audio files in your imported Anime Studio files when edited in an external program. This is a great workflow enhancement for individuals and production studios alike.
Separate Render Process
• The Batch Exporter and Renderer are now performed as a separate process. Even if you quit from Anime Studio Pro, the render process continues until the job is completed.
• You can now preview animations before committing to rendering. By going up to File > Preview Animation, a small video file will be created allowing you to view the animation, with no dropped frames, as it appears in workspace mode. While this method should not be used for final exports, you can take these files and save them elsewhere on your computer or even share them with others if needed. This can cut down tremendously on trial and error when animating and save lots of time, which is invaluable for creative projects. Watch Video
• When moving an object forward and back in Z, Depth Shifting is an option to preserve its apparent size. Moho Pro does this by automatically applying the proper amount of scale. This can be used to arrange landscapes, for example placing mountains far away without forcing them to become tiny.
• The 64-bit Windows version of Moho Pro will now use Media Foundation. It is no longer necessary to install QuickTime to import popular audio and video formats like MP3, AAC, MP4, and QuickTime. When exporting animations on Windows 7 and higher, the application can create movies using the Windows Media Foundation media library. When exporting animations on Windows XP and higher, the application can create movies using the DirectShow media library.
• Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Acceleration takes advantage of your computer’s hardware, boosting performance and quality for several layer types while allowing you to see exactly what the tool is doing as you apply a stroke or shape to the Workspace. The performance boost will help reduce pixelation and artifacting when working with certain graphical elements, such as Vector and Image layers.
Random Line Width Refined
• In previous versions of Moho, random line width could prove to be a bit jarring from point to point. Version 10 introduces a refinement to this feature by making the thickness between neighboring points more consistent when using random line width. More consistency means a more polished drawing.
Nested Layer Controls
• Previously, bones could only control their direct children. Now, bones can control the children of their children. If you have a group inside a bone layer and then vector layers inside that group, the bone layer can manipulate the artwork in those vector layers if nested layer control is turned on. This allows for more powerful rigging options, while simultaneously simplifying and allow more organization in the layer hierarchy.
• Flexi-Binding allows you to isolate the influence of a set of bones from the rest of the skeleton. For example, only the right arm bones should affect the artwork for the right arm. This lessens (or eliminates) the need to separate artwork on frame zero, and then put it back together again with the Offset Bone tool. This is a great new feature for images and vectors.
Adjustable Particle Source
• With Particle Layers, you can now use any shape, even ones that contain gaps, as an origin point for your particles. To do this, simply put your reference layer on the bottom of the Particle Layer folder. Turn on “Use base layer as source” in your Layer Settings and you’re set!
Enhanced Depth of Field
• Now when you create a Depth of Field effect through the Project Settings, you will get a visual representation of where your focus will be on the Workspace by using the Orbit Tool. This is a great addition if you have a hard time remembering what the settings for Depth of Field will do to change the effect. Placing the focus line closer to assets will ensure they are in focus, while everything else is blurry, depending on your focus range.
• More scripting access and control. Moho Pro offers advanced scripting support and updates. More functions and data structures of the program have been exposed through the scripting API, allowing advanced technical users to create more personalized tools and add-ons.
• Export multiple layers individually with one click. Layer comps are useful if you want to export only selected items in your scene so that you can composite them externally in third party software. For example, you can create a layer comp that relates to background elements, another that relates to characters, and another that relates to foreground elements or titles. Turn groups on and off until you get elements that logically belong together. Then create a new layer comp from that group. At render time, you can then choose to render specific layer comps as a movie file.
Flexible Import and HD Export Capabilities
• Anime Studio can import several kinds of other media files into an animation project. Import QuickTime®, AVI or MPEG-4 video or even 3D scenes from Poser. Image Based Modeling allows you to create 3D objects from 2D vector layers. And the included Content Library contains hundreds of ready to use characters, props and more.
• Free Layers were designed for constructing characters and are similar to masks by allowing you to hide certain parts of a layer. Create each body part separately and then hide the overlapping lines. Adjust the size of the patch to perfectly blend the layers to get the desired style. Watch Video
• Moho Pro is a 64 bit application. Improvements in speed and memory will be noticed by all those who use 64 bit machines. Improve rendering speeds and preview performance.
• Take notes and make comments on the timeline for future reference.
• Hide and see only the bones that you currently need.
Image Cropping Tool
• Crop your images easily and directly in Anime Studio.
• Easily copy layers and content from one document to another.
Copy and Paste Keyframes
• Copy and paste keyframes and animations from one layer to another or even to another document.
Developer: Smith Micro Software, Inc.
– 64-bit OS required for 64-bit installation
– 1.3 GHz Pentium 4 or newer, Athlon 64 or newer
– 2 GB RAM recommended
– 1.6 GB free hard drive space minimum
– OpenGL enabled GPU recommended
– 1440×900 regular density display (1920×1080 recommended)*
– DVD-ROM drive (physical version only)