SpyBot Search & Destroy
Spybot Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies.
If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven’t intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been “hijacked” (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware.
Even if you don’t see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot Search & Destroy is free, so there’s no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.
Spybot Search & Destroy can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don’t want them to see what you have been working on. And for professional users, Spybot Search & Destroy allows you to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports.
Features of SpyBot Search & Destroy
• Removal of keyloggers
• User-extendable database
• Save removal of threats by shredding them
• Backups of every removed problem
• Exclude option to ignore specific problems
• Permanent blocking of known tracking cookies for IE
• Permanent blocking of threatening downloads in IE
• Command line parameters to automate tasks
• Detailed information about problems found
• Strict criteria to define targets
• Integrated update function
• Settings to automate scan, removal and update
• System reports to locate even unknown threats
• Skins to adjust interface to the users liking
Developer: Home Page
• New: Ad.HighliteApp, Ad.Linkular
• Updated: Ad.QvodPlayer, Ad.YiqilaiLyrics, Baidu.Hao123, Firseria
• New: KeyloggerLite
• New: PU.DonkeyCodec, PU.EasyHotspot
• Updated: Win32.Graftor