Symantec Veritas Backup Exec 16 | MultiPlatforms ISO
It’s not just backup. It’s a more powerful, flexible, trusted business. Data protection that goes beyond backup and recovery. Veritas Backup Exec helps you migrate to cloud, gives you immediate protection for Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V 2016, and enables time, cost and resource savings across your entire infrastructure. This means you can focus on what matters most: your business.
Features of Symantec Veritas Backup Exec
Backup and recovery you can trust
• Veritas understands that data is critical to your business. Without access to it productivity declines, customers are let down, or – worse still – lost permanently. With Backup Exec you can be confident that the experience and expertise of delivering the market-leading mid-market backup and recovery product for over 30 years results in a solution that is trusted by over two million organizations in over two hundred countries around the world.
IT pros trust Backup Exec because
• Simple licensing, management and upgrade means less time is spent ‘doing’ backup
• Commitment to new platform support within 60 days helps to leverage the latest technologies
• Users have performed over 800 million backups and more than 7 million restores
Confidently Protect Your Microsoft Cloud
• A 2016 survey conducted by Spiceworks revealed that in the next three years, 78% of organizations will be making use of public cloud. Microsoft’s cloud-ready operating environment requires cloud-ready backup to protect every byte, regardless of where it is: virtual, physical or cloud. With powerful and flexible capabilities, Backup Exec 16 accompanies you on your journey to the cloud.
Backup Exec 16 delivers immediate support
– Microsoft Cloud operating environment – Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V 2016 and Azure
– Data protection options for D2C, D2D2C and C2C
– Direct access to hot and cool Azure storage tiers
• Leverage powerful, flexible protection in a single, unified interface that is trusted around the world to secure and manage virtual, physical and cloud platforms. Whether you are deploying the latest Windows operating system and hypervisor or migrating to Microsoft Azure, Backup Exec is the logical choice.
Backup to the future: A Spiceworks report
• With more choices than ever of where to store and protect data, almost all organizations today rely on a patchwork of technology infrastructures.
• In conjunction with Spiceworks, Veritas surveyed over 900 IT professionals on data protection trends across virtual, physical, and cloud platforms. Among the findings in the report:
– Backup of data and applications on physical systems still accounts for 47% of the market, but not for long.
– An estimated 10% of data will move to cloud-based systems in the next 3 years, but we’re not all taking the same route.
– Some are moving directly to the cloud, and while others are moving to virtual first.
Developer: Home Page
• Microsoft® Windows 2012 Server Family
• Microsoft® Windows 2012 R2 Server Family
• Microsoft® Windows 2008 R2 Server Family
• Microsoft® Windows 2008 x64 Server Family
• Microsoft® Windows 2003 R2 x64 Server Family
• VMware vSphere 6
• VMware vSphere 5.5
• VMware vSphere 5.1
• Microsoft® Hyper-V 2012
• Microsoft® Hyper-V 2012 R2
• Microsoft® Hyper-V 2008 R2
Client Operating Systems
• Microsoft® Windows 8 Client x86 & x64 (Supported by Agent for Windows)
• Microsoft® Windows 8.1 Client x86 & x64 (Supported by Agent for Windows)
• Oracle 12c (Supported by Agent for Windows and Linux)
• Oracle 11g (Supported by Agent for Windows and Linux)
• OES 11 SP2 (Supported by Agent for Linux)
• Ubuntu 12.10 (Supported by Agent for Linux)
• RHEL 5.11, 6.0 & 7.0 (Supported by Agent for Linux)
• Oracle Linux (OL) 7.0 (Supported by Agent for Linux)
• SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 12 (Supported by Agent for Linux)
• SDR for Windows 8.1 and Windows 2012 R2 (Supported by Agent for Windows)
• Exchange 2013 CU6 & CU7 (Supported by Agent for Windows)
• SQL 2014 (Agent and Repository)(Supported by Agent for Windows)
• SQL 2012 (Supported by Agent for Windows)
• Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 (Supported by Agent for Windows)
• Lotus Domino 9.0 (Supported by Agent for Windows)
• MacOS 10.9 (Supported by Agent for Linux)
• Exchange 2013
• SharePoint 2013
• Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
Installation Disk Space
• 1.26 GB (Typical installation), 1.91 GB (includes all options)
• Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. The Backup Exec Database and catalogs require additional space. An additional 525 MB is required for SQL Express. Any disk storage that you use also requires additional space.
Memory – Backup Exec Server
• Minimum Required: 1 GB RAM
• Recommended: 2 GB RAM
• Note: RAM Requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration Symantec Recovery
Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated) for the multilingual version.
• Memory – Backup Exec Central Administration Server
• Minimum Required: +1 GB RAM
• Recommended: +2 GB RAM
• Note: RAM requirements may vary depending on the number of Backup Exec servers.
• Virtual Memory Recommendations
• 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
• Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
• Processor – Backup Exec Deduplication Option
• Minimum Required: 4 Cores
• Recommended: 8 Cores
• SQL Server or SQL Express for Backup Exec Database
• SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2
• Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card
• CD/DVD drive
• A mouse (Recommended)
– Scale to Azure Cloud: read/write directly to hot and cool storage tiers
– Protection for the newest Microsoft deployments: Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V 2016
– Virtualize with Confidence: fast backup and Instant Recovery for VMware and Hyper-V
– Simplified licensing enables powerful capabilities with a single entitlement
– Streamlined user interface improves workflow and efficiency