USB Safely Remove 5
USB Safely Remove is a USB device manager. USB Safely Remove saves time and extends user abilities on active work with flash-drives, portable drives, card readers and and other gadgets.
USB Safely Remove gives a handy safe removal, devoids of annoyances of the native Windows tool, displays what programs prevent stopping a device, hides drives of empty card reader slots, allows to return a stopped devices back and has many other features for comfortable work with hot-plug devices (USB, SATA, Firewire, PCMCIA).
Features of USB Safely Remove
• Safely remove in one click!
• Displaying processes which are preventing USB device from being stopped
• Powerful command line support
• 3 methods to stop devices.
• Automatically assigning hotkeys.
• Forbidding stopping any device.
• Customizable names and descriptions for devices.
• Notifications about connecting/disconnecting devices with the help of a balloon tooltip.
• Playing sounds or running external programs when devices are connecteddisconnected.
• Restricting access to the features of the program with a password.
• Loading custom images for devices
• Ability to operate SATA drives
Developer: Crystal Rich Ltd
* If you set your DPI setting to more than 100% the previous versions of the program displayed blurry dialogs. Now all texts in the dialogs are scaled and looks clear.
* Press “Tab” key in the menu to show the main window (with the hidden device list)
* If the program icon is in the ‘additional icons’ area of the systray the menu is displayed above this area (not in front of it)
* Warning dialog is displayed on attempt to return USB3.0 device back, because this action leads the USB 3.0 hub to a temporarily disabled state
* Multi-monitor support improvement: program dialogs are now displayed on the same monitor with the device menu
* Hotkey to stop all devices is displayed in the tray context menu
* The option “Notify about connected devices on system exit” is now off by default
Command line improvements:
* Forced return command is added
* Extended logging added
* Sometimes the program didn’t display the menu or display it in an incorrect place
* An error could be displayed after successful device stopping
* An error could be displayed when the program is running in background
* Program didn’t delete sent error reports
* An error could be displayed while searching for locking processes
* An error could be displayed on device forced stopping
* In some cases an error displayed when calling the device menu
* Some PNG images can crash the program when loaded as device icons
* Installer option “Don’t create icon in the Start menu” were ignored
* On white-and-black Windows color scheme some dialogs were displayed incorrectly
* ‘A’ and ‘B’ drive letters were never assigned automatically to devices, it causes the external storage may not have a drive letter at all
* An error could be displayed when selecting device context menu item
* An error could be displayed on ejecting media (card reader’s card or CD-ROM’s media)
* An error displayed when clicking to some parts of the device menu
* An error might be displayed after ejecting of a card reader’s card
* The program assistant service can silently crash in some cases
* Forced return didn’t work in some cases (handles to neighbor devices weren’t actually closed)
* Could not see locking processes for devices with folder-only mount point(s)