Windows 10 Update Switch is a simple tool that enables you to turn-off or turn-on Windows 10 updates. You can also use Switch10 to set certain connection types as metered.
Disable Updates Post Windows 10 Anniversary Update
• Prior to Windows 10 Anniversary Update you could Disable Windows 10 Updates using Group Policies. However, after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, this option is no longer available. “Thank you Microsoft, we appreciate it!”. In result, we had to resort to unorthodox methods to disable Windows 10 updates.
Features of Windows 10 Update Switch
How does Windows 10 Update Switch work?
• Windows 10 Update Switch disables and stops the Windows Update service and in doing so, disables Windows 10 Updates. Furthermore, Switch10 can enable Windows 10 updates again quickly when you need it. It will in this case enable and start the Windows Update service again for your computer to update as normal.
• However, this is not a permanent solution. Windows 10 will in certain situations start the service back up automatically! The recommended solution is to set the connection type as metered. Carry on reading for more about metered connections.
• At the moment Windows 10 only allows you to set Wi-Fi connections as metered. Switch10 allows you to set 3G, 4G, Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection types as metered. With Switch10, you can quickly set these connection types back too non-metered when needed.
• When you set a connection type to metered connection, Windows 10 will not download updates on that connection type. Read the Turn on Windows 10 metered connection article for more about metered connections.
Developer: Home Page