Windows Firewall Notifier
As its name implies, Windows Firewall Notifier (shortly known as WFN) will track all the active processes and services and notifies you each time an application wants to connect to your computer. On this manner, you can easily safeguard your PC, as well as your personal documents against viruses, malware, spam and other threats lurking the Internet.
Being designed mostly to extend the functionality of the default Windows embedded Firewall, the application is aimed at fully-customize the way of managing the rules and tracking all the processes that are connected to your computer. As you might know, each time a process or service is detected, the Firewall prompts you with a small notification window from where you can allow or block the access to your files.
By default, the Windows operating system does not block any of the outgoing connections, meaning that your entire computer is exposed to threats and that any program you have installed on your PC (especially those apps downloaded from untrusted websites) can send information to unauthorized sources without your consent.
Features of Windows Firewall Notifier
• Enables Windows Firewall
• Sets the firewall to block both inbound and outbound connections for which no rule exists
• Firewall inbound connection notification
• Outbound connections logging
• Creates a scheduled task linked to the Windows firewall event log entries
Developer: Home Page
* Fixed crash on Windows 2008 due to missing registry key.
* Fixes to service detection code. It now works with any OS language.
* Fixed the log file sharing mode. This should vastly reduce error when trying to write to the logfile.