WinRAR 5.50 Beta is a powerful archive manager for Windows. This is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR 5.50 Beta is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR 5.50 Beta is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can.
Features of WinRAR 5.50 Beta
• Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
• The program provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
• WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
• WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
• WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
• WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives. Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
• WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
Developer: Home Page
inside of ZIP archives. Now WinRAR extracts such files,
even though their names may include arbitrary text after unpacking.
2. Bugs fixed:
a) 5.50 beta 1 could crash when extracting some of broken
b) “Settings/Viewer/Unpack everything for” was ignored for files
matching “Settings/Archives/File types to open as archives first”
masks. Now it is changed, so “Unpack everything for” has a higher
precedence for archived files. Files inside of archive matching
“Unpack everything for” masks are processed according to that
option even if they are also matched by “File types to open
as archives first” masks.