Winstep Nexus Ultimate
is a highly configurable dock system that creates an eye-candy launcher on the desktop to start your favorites apps on the go.
Similar to Mac OS X docks, Winstep Nexus lets you add any icon or shortcut on the bar, but it also provides a great amount of customization features.
Thanks to support for modules, you can add mini tools such as CPU and network monitors, clocks, weather information and Recycle Bin controllers. On the other hand, it also supports separators for better organization, but also internal Windows commands to easily perform a command supported by the operating system with a single click.
You can for instance start Flip 3D, start screensaver, show volume control, access fonts or enter Control Panel using dedicated icons on the dock.
But what’s more impressive is the customization level it provides. You can change basically every single aspect of the dock, starting with the look, thanks to theme support, and ending with reflection and sounds. Plus, it has a long list of magnification and mouse over effects, so it’s all up to the user and his or her preferences.
Last but not least, Winstep Nexus comes with running indicators to let you know which programs are running, but also with multi-monitor support to use the tool on multiple monitors. Documents benefit from automatic thumbnails, while each module comes with its very own configuration screen.
Although it’s supposed to run in the background all the time, Winstep Nexus is far from becoming a resource hog, working just fine on all Windows versions.
All things considered, Winstep Nexus is one of the best tools of its kind, offering an impressive list of features and tons of configuration options.
Features of Winstep Nexus Ultimate 16
• Live icon reflections.
• Item magnification and other mouse over effects.
• Multiple special effects.
• Automatic semi-transparent background blur (Vista and Windows 7 only).
• Auto-hide and auto-collapse.
• Running programs displayed on dock.
• System tray displayed on dock.
• In-dock modules/widgets.
• Internal commands.
• Running indicators.
• Icon locking.
• Optional full right-click context menus.
• Full multi-monitor support.
• Ability to prevent maximized windows from overlapping the dock.
• Ability to respect screen space reserved by other applications.
• Supports adding virtual file system objects such as Control Panel items.
• Document thumbnails.
• Completely customizable, thousands of themes available.
• Compatible with themes for all 3rd party docks.
• Full Drag & Drop support.
• Extremely easy to use with intuitive interface.
• Configuration backup and restore.
• Multi language support.
• Includes Update Manager to look for, download, and automatically install new versions.
• Quality and performance tested.
* not available
Title Release: Winstep Nexus Ultimate v16.3
Developer: Home Page